Mystery after search on River Yare triggered by abandoned fishing gear draws a blank
- Credit: Archant
The police, coastguard and Broads Authority rangers joined a search along the River Yare at Cantley in Norfolk after fishing gear was found left on the bank.
A Norfolk police spokesperson confirmed they had assisted in the matter yesterday.
They said 'We received a call at 12.35pm from a member of the public who had reportedly seen a man get into a rowing boat and leave all his fishing gear behind.
'There are concerns for his safety as it is strange that he would leave all his gear behind.'
A spokesperson for the coastguard said a member of the public had reported the fishing gear which was found abandoned on the bank of the river at Cantley.
You may also want to watch:
A coastguard team from Gorleston went to the scene. The team did a search of the bank side along the River Yare, with nothing found.
Broads Beat, the Broads Authority and the Hemsby Broads Rescue Team also attended, but the teams were stood down with nothing found. A spokesman for the coastguard said: 'Thank you to the public for their support with our enquiries'.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 7 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 8 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 9 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 10 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones