Search launched for Sheringham councillors
- Credit: Archant
Sheringham town councillors are appealing for two community-minded local people to join them as co-opted members.
The pair chosen will have a chance to attend monthly council meeting and vote on decisions affecting town amenities including Sheringham community centre, the allotments and the cemetery.
Liz Withington, who has been a town councillor since 2014, is a member of a number of council committees, as well as helping organise the council's annual St George's Day concert at St Peter's Church.
She said the role provided a 'rewarding and different' insight into all aspects of the local area.
'It does make you appreciate just what a strong community we are and how important it is that we keep promoting Sheringham and fighting our corner,' Mrs Withington added. 'But it is also about making sure the community has direction and support from the council.'
Full council meetings are held on the first Tuesday of each month, with other committee meetings held on additional Tuesday evenings.
For more information, phone 01263 822213 or email email@example.com
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 3 Passengers angry after train heading to Norwich delayed for hours
- 4 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 5 Covid restrictions played part in father's death, inquest told
- 6 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 7 'My life has been plagued by fly-tipping for a year - I need it to stop'
- 8 Woman arrested after man hit with a broom in city centre
- 9 Norwich independent school named one of best in East Anglia
- 10 Arrests after woman held hostage in home containing drugs and samurai sword