Helicopter and lifeboats search for missing swimmer stood down
- Credit: citizenside.com
Lifeboats and a coastguard helicopter searching for a missing swimmer near Lowestoft have been stood down.
UK Coastguard had been coordinating the search for a swimmer, reported to have last been seen entering the water at 5pm in the area of Pakefield beach near Lowestoft.
However a spokesperson for UK Coastguard said the search is in the process of being stood down with nothing being found.
It said there are no plans to relaunch the search today unless further information comes forward.
A search involving several coastguard rescue teams, RNLI lifeboats from Lowestoft, Southwold and Gorleston and a coastguard rescue helicopter along with Suffolk Police had resumed on Sunday at 6:30am.
You may also want to watch:
An extensive search using searchlights and white flares also took place along the coast between Lowestoft and Southwold on Saturday night.
Lowestoft Lifeboat said as time goes by it is 'increasing concerned' with the situation.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 5 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 6 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 7 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
- 8 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 9 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region
- 10 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
Anyone with information about the swimmer or with any sighting are urged to call 999 and ask for the Coastguard.