Search continues for missing Weybread ‘murder victim’ Sylvia Stuart
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Detectives insist they are still continuing to search for the body of alleged Suffolk double murder victim Sylvia Stuart.
The 69-year-old's husband Peter was found stabbed to death in a stream near woodland close to their home in Mill Lane Weybread, near Diss, on June 3.
The couple were reported missing earlier that day. They were last seen alive at Goodies Farm Shop in Pulham Market on May 29.
Weybread has been left shocked and distressed by the loss of two of its residents.
The Reverend Susan Loxton, rector of St Andrew's Church, Weybread, said Sylvia and her husband Peter would have been in the thoughts of people attending church over the Christmas period.
You may also want to watch:
She said: 'We do pray for all those who are sick or bereaved.'
Revd Loxton said it was 'very strange' Mrs Stuart had still not been found given all the activity that has taken place with farmers having ploughed the fields and the pheasant shooting season being on.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 4 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 5 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 6 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 7 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 8 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 9 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 10 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
Experts have been called in to assist with efforts to find Mrs Stuart and to advise the inquiry.
But six months after the searches began Suffolk's major investigation team say they are continuing to look for Mrs Stuart.
A Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said: 'Suffolk police are continuing to search for Sylvia Stuart, including active searches where there is information that could lead to her whereabouts.
'National experts have been utilised to assist these searches. Until she is found this work will continue, with officers responding to any new information.
'During the course of the enquiry large areas around Weybread and along routes between Suffolk and Essex were carried out. Officers also carried out site-specific work with the aim of finding her, and this will be ongoing.'
Police have previously said they do not believe Mrs Stuart is still alive.
Ali Qazimaj, from Tilbury, has been charged with charged with murdering the couple. The 43-year-old, is currently remanded in custody.
His trial was originally scheduled for January 16 however, it has been suggested the date could be changed to February 9.