Seaside cafe bidding to sell alcohol to 'enhance dining experience'
- Credit: Google Maps
A seaside cafe is bidding to sell alcohol - but not the cheap stuff some people are looking for in large quantities.
Buddy's, at The Jetty in Great Yarmouth, is asking the borough council for permission to sell alcohol to "enhance the dining experience" for its customers from 9am to 10pm seven days a week.
The applicant says that while it will be looking to sell both on and off the premises the licence is primarily to enable people to enjoy a drink with food, adding: "The nature of the alcohol we intend to sell will not appeal to individuals looking to buy cheap alcohol in large quantities."
The operators add staff will be fully trained and CCTV will be in operation at all times.
Super-strength beers or ciders with an alcohol by volume (abv) level of 6pc or more will not be available.
You may also want to watch:
One person has raised concerns spanning litter and a possible change to the "family-friendly atmosphere", especially on summer firework nights.
The borough council's licensing committee is due to decide on the bid at its virtual meeting on Tuesday, May 4, at 10am.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 4 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 5 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 6 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 7 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
- 8 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 9 Indian variant could hamper roadmap, Norfolk health expert says
- 10 Owners of popular street food van open café bistro in Norwich