Sea cadets plan day of family fun for Beccles Duck Race
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The annual Beccles Duck Race will be back with a splash later this month.
This year's event, returning on Saturday, July 29, is being organised by Beccles Sea Cadets, with all profits going towards the construction of their new headquarters.
Now in its 14th year, the race will see plastic quackers little and large take to the water at Beccles Quay.
The duck race has been successfully raising funds for youth organisations in Beccles for years and the organisers are hoping this year will be just as successful.
Beccles Rugby Club, who have previously organised the event, are continuing to run the raft race which they introduced two years ago. And any local businesses or organisations who would be interested in entering a team can contact them directly via details on their website.
You may also want to watch:
And as well as the little ducks and corporate ducks racing on the river, there will also be entertainment in the main ring from the Great Yarmouth Sea Cadet Band, Birds of Prey, Waggy Tails dog agility, Kook Sul Won and a demonstration by the Beccles Retained Fire Service.
K-Syl-R will be providing children's entertainment and Beccles Lions will be running a barbecue. There will also be a bar and stalls.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 6 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 7 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 8 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 9 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 10 City draw up target list
Sharon Meadows, from Beccles Sea Cadets, said: 'We are very excited to be running the duck race this year. We were involved 14 years ago, when it all began and we're delighted to get the opportunity to run it this year.
'We are keen to make this a fun, family day out - so we are really encouraging sales of our small family ducks. Of course, the fantastic support we receive from the local businesses sponsoring the corporate ducks is amazing and we can't thank everyone enough for their support.'
The event will run from noon to 6pm, and small ducks are available to buy now at Sweet Memories, The Mortgage Point and Beales in Beccles.
The organisers would like to thank Alex Moore from the Moore Music Roadshow and Colin Crisp and staff who will again be in attendance to keep everything running smoothly. They have given up their time free of charge for the event for over 10 years.
For further information visit www.becclesduckrace.org.