Sea Life Great Yarmouth looking for volunteers to help beach clean
- Credit: Maxine Culleton
A leading seafront tourist attraction is appealing for volunteers to lend a hand as it does its bit to clean the shores.
The Sea Life Centre in Great Yarmouth is hosting a beach clean on Wednesday, July 5, and is looking for people to take part.
Maxine Culleton of Sea Life Great Yarmouth said: 'Volunteers in the past have helped with the beach clean-up, discovering fishing equipment, rope and bottles, alongside other items as debris on our beaches.
'It is a problem and much of it ends up in the sea where it can become a serious hazard for marine life.'
The clean-up will begin at 5.15pm and will last around an hour, with a meet-up point at the restaurant patio at the station.
You may also want to watch:
Beach cleaners are advised to wear sturdy footwear and appropriate clothing, with equipment and refreshments provided
Anybody wishing to register to help can contact the centre on 01493 330631.
- 1 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 2 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 3 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 4 Man seriously injured after crash
- 5 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 6 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 7 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 8 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 9 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 10 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships