Sea Life Great Yarmouth looking for volunteers to help beach clean
- Credit: Maxine Culleton
A leading seafront tourist attraction is appealing for volunteers to lend a hand as it does its bit to clean the shores.
The Sea Life Centre in Great Yarmouth is hosting a beach clean on Wednesday, July 5, and is looking for people to take part.
Maxine Culleton of Sea Life Great Yarmouth said: 'Volunteers in the past have helped with the beach clean-up, discovering fishing equipment, rope and bottles, alongside other items as debris on our beaches.
'It is a problem and much of it ends up in the sea where it can become a serious hazard for marine life.'
The clean-up will begin at 5.15pm and will last around an hour, with a meet-up point at the restaurant patio at the station.
You may also want to watch:
Beach cleaners are advised to wear sturdy footwear and appropriate clothing, with equipment and refreshments provided
Anybody wishing to register to help can contact the centre on 01493 330631.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 4 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 5 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 6 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 7 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 8 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 9 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 10 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga