Scramble for trade as Cromer shops join UK-wide Easter egg hunt
- Credit: Archant
A clutch of Cromer traders have joined a countrywide scramble for trade by signing up to an Easter egg hunt promoted by retail champion Clare Rayner.
The shopkeepers and other business owners from East Side Cromer are following up a successful Christmas leaflet campaign with the promotion, which is launched simultaneously on Saturday in 56 towns.
Sixteen businesses from the eastern end of Cromer are taking part, and visitors will be able to take part in 'indie Easter egg hunts' designed by Mrs Rayner's Independent Retail campaign as part of its 'Enjoy an Independent Easter' promotion.
In all, more than 1,100 retailers are taking part, creating the hunts to increase footfall and get people to go in and out of more shops.
Mrs Rayner said: 'It's no secret that UK retailers, and particularly the smaller, independent businesses, need all the help they can get.
You may also want to watch:
'It's simple, effective activities, such as the Easter egg hunt, that can really help to start the process of changing consumer habits, reminding people that they stand to lose all the fantastic shops in their area if they never visit them and never spend with them.'
Groups of independent traders are listed on a map and shoppers collect egg stickers to put on the maps. Once the map is full, the contestant can swap it for a chocolate egg/treat and a certificate of completion.
- 1 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 2 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 3 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 4 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 5 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 6 Family told baby with half a working heart has weeks to live
- 7 Woman on soft-food diet 'forever' after attack by kick-boxer partner
- 8 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 9 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 10 Pub hands out free ice creams during road collision traffic jam
The event runs until Sunday April 14. See www.indieeaster.co.uk/easter-egg-hunts