Scouting for thrills: North Norfolk Scouts celebrate ‘top’ awards with trip to circus
- Credit: Archant
Acrobats, jugglers and trapeze artists entertained more than 500 north Norfolk Scouts and their families, at a special performance laid on by Russell's Circus, Beeston Regis, to celebrate the efforts of some of the district's top achievers.
District commissioner Paul Henriksen donned a ringmaster's outfit, presenting the annual 'top' awards to nearly 60 Beavers, Cubs and Scouts with the help of Norfolk youth commissioner Dom Belcher and Russell's resident clown Alex.
Mr Henriksen also presented Duke of Edinburgh bronze awards to Elizabeth Revell and Phoebe Nicholson of Mundesley, with a young leader buckle going to Ben Horton of North Walsham.
Ed Cubitt, also of North Walsham, gained a young leader buckle, a silver Duke of Edinburgh award and a platinum Chief Scout award.
Mr Henriksen said: 'Scouting is about fun and friendship and what better place to celebrate than at the circus.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 4 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 5 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 6 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 7 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 8 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 9 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 10 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover