Scott Properties poised to submit supermarket and petrol station application for Cromer Road, North Walsham, site
Developers behind a bid for a supermarket and petrol station in North Walsham say they hope to submit a planning application by the end of the month.
Scott Properties, which is interested in the former Marricks Wire Ropes site, on Cromer Road, says it has revised its scheme after listening to residents' concerns at a two-day public consultation in March.
A major change would see the Bradfield/Link Road remain fully operational, rather than closing it to motor traffic as had initially been proposed.
Scott said it had also been making changes to the part of the site adjoining Suffield Close in order to ensure homes were adequately screened.
More than 300 people attended the consultation and 87pc had been in favour of the scheme, for a store a bit larger than the town's Sainsbury's, creating up to 250 jobs.
You may also want to watch:
A company statement said Scott Properties was continuing to talk to a number of national food retailers about the site.
At the consultation in March, Scott Properties director James Tucker said many members of the public had expressed a strong preference for either a Morrisons or Asda supermarket.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 5 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 6 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 7 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
- 8 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 9 Indian variant could hamper roadmap, Norfolk health expert says
- 10 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
? Waitrose has already submitted an application to North Norfolk District Council to convert the former Focus DIY store, further east along Cromer Road, into a supermarket.