Scooter rider taken to hospital with serious injuries after car driver flees scene of collision
- Credit: Archant
A scooter rider has been taken to hospital with what police have described as 'serious' injuries after being involved in a collision with a car.
Officers were called to the scene at the junction near Waitrose on Castle Acre Road in Swaffham at just after 2pm today.
The driver of the car failed to stop at the scene.
At around 4.15pm police said that they had discovered the car but had not been able to locate the driver. No further update has yet been given.
The rider of the moped was taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk Accident Rescue Service (NARS) also attended the scene and a post by them on Facebook said: "At 14.05 today, NARS Critical Care Paramedic Ryan Warwick was tasked from his home address to reports of a road traffic collision in Swaffham, Norfolk.
"Ryan was joined on scene by EEAST and colleagues from the air ambulance. No further details are available at this time."
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 4 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 5 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 10 City draw up target list
Inquiries are ongoing.