Hundreds of schoolchildren enjoy a free day at the fun fair
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters from West Norfolk schools took a break from the classroom to enjoy a day at the funfair.
Organised by the Rotary Club of King's Lynn Trinity, children from nine schools in the Lynn area were treated to a free day out at the Mart, courtesy of the Showmen's Guild.
After a bleak start to the morning, the sun had finally come out around midday just in time for the kids to whirl around on the jumping frogs and tea cup rides.
Over the years, the special day has given hundreds of children, some with complex needs, the opportunity to enjoy all the fun of the fair. 'The children are having a go on rides and having a nice time,' said Claire Hodgson, pastoral assistant at Reffley Academy. 'For some of the children they haven't been to the Mart before.
'It's good for them to be together as the children are from different year groups. It is really nice to see them getting along.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 6 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 7 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 8 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 9 Gay and trans people targeted in hate incident at school
- 10 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft