School reunion to be held at the King Edward VII School, King’s Lynn
- Credit: Archant
Former King Edward VII School (KES) pupils will be travelling from as far as Australia and Canada to a school reunion which is being held next month.
The event, which will be held in the main hall of KES, has been arranged by Don Oliver and Andrew Stephen who are from the Old Lennensians Association.
Mr Stephen, a former KES pupil from 1964 to 1971 said: 'Anybody who went to KES or the West Norfolk High School can come. Around 200 people and their partners are coming from as far as Australia, Canada, Korea, Germany and France.
'It has got round by word of mouth really, emails and newsletters from the Old Lennensians Association.'
After leaving KES, which back then was an all-boys state grammar school until 1979, Mr Stephen trained as a teacher and moved to Nottinghamshire.
You may also want to watch:
He then joined the Old Lennensians (OLs) Association, which is made up of former grammar school pupils, in June last year.
Mr Stephen said: 'I feel very lucky to belong to the OLs and I hope that the High School will soon have an association of their own. It would be great to work together and hold more events involving partners and perhaps move away slightly from a purely traditional way of doing things. For many people nostalgia guarantees that things wont change.'
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 3 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 4 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 5 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 6 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 7 'Fantastic to have people back' - Tea room reopens on Broads
- 8 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
- 9 Popular restaurant to reopen after staffing issues
- 10 Former Norwich City coach moves on again - after just three months
To attend the reunion then email Don Oliver at email@example.com before Saturday May 17.
The event starts at 10.30am and finishes at 3.30pm on June 7.