School crossing patrols to return to sites in town
- Credit: Archant
School crossing patrols will be returning to sites around Suffolk from next Monday – with the service operational in Lowestoft once more.
With patrols on duty from June 8, the service will be operating at 10 sites in Lowestoft, as well as in Framlingham and Knodishall.
A Senior Road Safety Officer for the School Crossing Patrol Service said: “Where we are able to do so, we are reintroducing the patrol service as from Monday June 8.
“Some will be working staggered hours to assist schools.
“Parents and carers should not let children run ahead as we need to ensure two metre distancing.”
You may also want to watch:
Patrols operating from next week in Lowestoft will be: Oulton Road/Rotterdam Road – central near St Margaret’s Church; Hollingsworth Road shops; St Margaret’s Road/Ipswich Road; Carlton Road/Enstone Road; Westwood Avenue outside Westwood Primary; London Road outside Pakefield Primary; Colville Road/Dell Road; Colville Road/Elmtree Road; Cotmer Road/Colville Road and Gisleham Road/Rushmere Road.
- 1 Police give out £200 penalty notices to day-trippers for second weekend running
- 2 'They think they can get away with it' - crowds flock to seaside village
- 3 Buy a former 1950s police station for sale for £330,000
- 4 MP moves to reassure public as film crew hires out village homes
- 5 100 cannabis plants found at three neighbouring properties in village
- 6 Man dies after rescue operation to cardiac arrest call
- 7 Man in 70s punched and kicked repeatedly after being pulled from car
- 8 Norfolk Covid-19 cases at lowest level since October, figures show
- 9 Family of missing man informed after body found in water
- 10 Greek chain looks set to take over former Giraffe restaurant