School children sing at 02 arena with former winner of The Voice
- Credit: Archant
Children from a Suffolk primary school joined winners from The Voice in singing at the O2 Arena in London.
Ilketshall St Lawrence Primary School, in Beccles, sent 20 of their most talented youngsters off to London, where they joined the Young Voices choir with more than 8,400 children from across the country and Ruti Olajugbagbe from The Voice.
Intensive afternoon rehearsals followed a 7am start, with parents coming down to be in the audience later on.
Governor Katherine Wilson said: "By 6.30pm, the excitement was building, as performers and audience members took their seats ready for the show to begin.
"The group of pupils were so professional and slick. They had learned many songs and dance moves, and managed to raise so much money for Teenage Cancer Trust too.
You may also want to watch:
"A tired but extremely proud bunch made it back to school at 1am. Only eight hours later, they were back at school. The memories of the day before made being that tired bearable."
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 3 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 4 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 5 Indian variant could hamper roadmap, Norfolk health expert says
- 6 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 7 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
- 8 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 9 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 10 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17