Scarning pre-school will reopen after successful fundraising campaign
- Credit: Archant
Scarning pre-school has reopened to the public, with a get-together afternoon.
The new building has two purpose-built classrooms, for two-year-olds, and three-to-four-year-olds, in addition to a staffroom, office and kitchen.
Fundraising began two years ago to replace the old mobile building which was beginning to fall apart, and become unusable.
Margaret Hollingworth, chair of Scarning pre-school, said: 'We were very fortunate to have had help from so many people and we were able to start the new build in February this year.'
The finished build also has folding doors that allow the space to become one large classrooms, laundry facilities, and toilets and changing areas, including disabled access. The pre-school has also received a grant for a grassed area to be covered with Astro turf.
You may also want to watch:
It was opened to the public on Sunday, September 3. It will also hold an after-school club and breakfast club, for children aged up to 11.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 4 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 5 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 10 City draw up target list