This curry house has just been voted the best in Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
The best curry house in the county has been announced.
Fighting off tough competition from in a hotly contested category, the 'Best Indian Restaurant in Norfolk' was officially unveiled at a glistening ceremony in London.
The Savoy Tandoori in Regent Road, Great Yarmouth won the coveted award at the Euro Asia Curry Awards.
MORE: Norfolk's nine best curry houses according to TripAdvisor reviewsThe seaside restaurant picked up the accolade after being judged by a panel of industry experts.
The Euro Asia Curry Awards ceremony aims to promote Bangladeshi cuisine across the UK and the rest of the world and also raises money for needy people in the Asian country.
The mayor of Great Yarmouth Kerry Robinson-Payne visited the restaurant to present staff with the certificate and trophy and enjoy a complimentary meal.
You may also want to watch:
Chef Kayas Miah had previously won 'Best Main Course' at the Great Yarmouth Curry Chef of the Year Awards in 2014.
- 1 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 4 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 5 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 6 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 7 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 8 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 9 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 10 Firefighters tackle 'deliberate' house fire