Sarah Simpson selected as Labour’s Mid Norfolk candidate for general election
- Credit: Archant
Sarah Simpson has been selected as Labour's candidate for the Mid Norfolk constituency to stand in this June's general election.
Ms Simpson was born in Norfolk to a forces family with links to Swanton Morley and Coltishall.
She studied at UEA in the 1990s, and is now the operations director of an engineering consultancy based in Norwich.
She said: 'My Norfolk roots have always been important to me, and so I'm particularly happy to be Labour's candidate for my home here in Mid Norfolk this June.
'Everyday in my work as an engineer, I see the issues that frustrate my friends and neighbours as a result of the cuts in funding that the Tory government has overseen.
You may also want to watch:
'It's these cuts that have caused the increasing difficulty to see a doctor, or to be certain that our homes don't flood, or that new housing that we all need is put in place with the right infrastructure.
'Here in Mid Norfolk, we need a local representative that works for our best interests, in a very real way. I am known for getting things done, and I will continue to work hard to make sure that all of us who live here have everything we need to live comfortably: a good job; access to infrastructure that serves the whole community well; and excellent public services'
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 5 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 6 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 8 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 9 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 10 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
Harry Clarke, Breckland district councillor, said: 'I welcome Sarah's appointment as Labour's candidate for Mid Norfolk in June's general election.
'Having seen Sarah at work, I know that if elected on June 8, she will be a terrific dynamo for the area.
'She is committed to making the area an even better place to live, and as a local MP she would be a breath of fresh air. Exactly what the area deserves.
'I'm very much looking forward to joining Sarah in the towns and villages throughout the area over the coming weeks, and supporting her as Labour's candidate.'