Santa run heads to Poringland
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
Poringland is set to host its first ever Santa run on December 4.
On December 4, setting off from Framingham Earl High School at 10am, sporty santas will set off on the 5km course around the area.
They will be raising money for EACH's Nook Appeal, a charity initiative aiming to improve children's palliative care across Norfolk, the plans for which include a purpose-built children's hospice in Framingham Earl.
Tal Williams, EACH nook appeal community fund raiser, said: 'We're thrilled to be hosting our first Poringland Santa Run, to raise money for our nook appeal. The local community have been so supportive since we announced our plans to build a new hospice in Framingham Earl – we are so grateful for their support.
'We hope this Santa Run will not only be a great event for the whole family but a chance to get everyone in the local area excited about the appeal.
You may also want to watch:
'Tickets are available now ,so please sign up to join us. Santa Runs are fantastic fun and a great way to celebrate the festive season while helping a vital cause in your local community. You can run, jog or walk the course, take part as an individual or ask your family, friends and colleagues to join in the fun. Just be prepared to feel full of festive cheer by the end.'
Tickets for the event are available online at www.each.org.uk/santarun.
Tickets for adults are £12.50, the price including a santa suit and medal. Children's tickets cost £7.50, which includes a santa hat, medal, and festive goodie bag.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 10 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
For more information on the event please contact the EACH Norfolk Fundraising Team on 01953 666767, or email Norfolk@each.org.uk.