Santa run heads to Poringland
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
Poringland is set to host its first ever Santa run on December 4.
On December 4, setting off from Framingham Earl High School at 10am, sporty santas will set off on the 5km course around the area.
They will be raising money for EACH's Nook Appeal, a charity initiative aiming to improve children's palliative care across Norfolk, the plans for which include a purpose-built children's hospice in Framingham Earl.
Tal Williams, EACH nook appeal community fund raiser, said: 'We're thrilled to be hosting our first Poringland Santa Run, to raise money for our nook appeal. The local community have been so supportive since we announced our plans to build a new hospice in Framingham Earl – we are so grateful for their support.
'We hope this Santa Run will not only be a great event for the whole family but a chance to get everyone in the local area excited about the appeal.
'Tickets are available now ,so please sign up to join us. Santa Runs are fantastic fun and a great way to celebrate the festive season while helping a vital cause in your local community. You can run, jog or walk the course, take part as an individual or ask your family, friends and colleagues to join in the fun. Just be prepared to feel full of festive cheer by the end.'
Tickets for the event are available online at www.each.org.uk/santarun.
Tickets for adults are £12.50, the price including a santa suit and medal. Children's tickets cost £7.50, which includes a santa hat, medal, and festive goodie bag.
- 1 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
- 2 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 3 Where the streets have no cars... the community that banned the school run
- 4 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 5 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 6 World record? 24 ducklings spotted waddling through Norfolk village
- 7 Former vicarage set in one acre is up for sale - and it needs some TLC
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Fake chefs deliver out-of-date lasagne to Carrow Road ahead of Spurs clash
- 10 Cyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following incident
For more information on the event please contact the EACH Norfolk Fundraising Team on 01953 666767, or email Norfolk@each.org.uk.