Santa ditches reindeer for fighter jet in airbase visit
- Credit: Archant
Father Christmas has upgraded his reindeer and sleigh for a multi-million pound fighter jet after a visit to RAF base in Suffolk.
Around 1,000 children took part in 25 festive activities organised by squadrons and volunteers from across the US Air Force 48th Fighter Wing on base at RAF Lakenheath, near Thetford.
Children got to meet Santa, who arrived on his new found transport, an F-15 Strike Eagle, and enjoyed bouncy castles and holiday crafts.
Event organiser, Captain Andrew Lyons, said: 'We tried to incorporate the whole wing into this event. We had a variety of fun activities, games, food and drinks for the kids, free of charge.'
Miriam Grunert, event planning and coordination volunteer and party attendee said: 'My kids loved attending the Christmas party and are still talking about the bounce houses.
You may also want to watch:
'They loved the Christmas crafts and music. And who can say no to Santa Claus showing up in an F-15?'
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 3 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 4 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 10 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country