Norwich charity urge people to get together for ‘Brew Monday’
- Credit: Samaritans
With the most difficult day of the year Blue Monday today, Samaritans in Norwich has declared January 15 as Brew Monday instead.
The charity is asking friends, neighbours and work colleagues to help Norwich Samaritans by taking time out for a cuppa and a chat.
Bill Ashton, volunteer and branch director, said: 'Pick up one of our free fundraising packs from us, and you can organise your very own Brew Monday event.
'Funds raised will help ensure that anyone who's feeling overwhelmed can contact our free helpline, email us or call in at our branch to talk face to face.'
Comedian Vic Reeves, said: 'Brew Monday is a great excuse to catch up with your nearest and dearest.'
You may also want to watch:
The Norwich branch will be teaming up with British Rail to host a Brew Monday marquee at Norwich Train Station from 11am to 3pm on Blue Monday.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 6 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 7 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 8 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 9 Gay and trans people targeted in hate incident at school
- 10 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft