Samaritans aim to recruit more volunteers in the Swaffham area
The Samaritans are hoping to recruit more volunteers from the Swaffham area when they hold a drop-in day to let people know more about their work.
The King's Lynn Samaritans branch receives more than 25,000 contacts a year via telephone calls, visits and emails and is looking to introduce contacting via texting.
The branch said it constantly needs listening volunteers, who receive training, as well supporters to join its friends group who have an important fundraising role.
Volunteers from the King's Lynn branch will be at the Swaffham and Litcham Home Hospice at 17-19 Brocks Road on the Eco Tech Park on Saturday February 16 from 10am to 4pm.
Residents are invited to meet volunteers, chat about their work, enjoy refreshments and watch a short work of volunteers talk about what they do.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who cannot attend the drop-in but wants to know more about volunteering can call 01553 761616 or visit www.kingslynnsmaritans.co.uk
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 Part of A47 closed after concerns for woman’s welfare
- 3 Fresh calls for action over 'unacceptable' queues at A11 roundabout
- 4 Holidaymakers rescued after boat lodged under bridge
- 5 Bargain Hunt films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 6 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 7 Hundreds flock to see exotic birds in Yarmouth bushes
- 8 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 9 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 10 Administrators appointed at AF Biomass