Sam’s dream of owning tea shop comes true in Fakenham
Samantha Holsey is dishing up tea and homemade cakes in the Wisteria Team Room in Newmans Yard, off Norwich Street.
It's named after the glorious vine which clambers over its frontage, which is believed to be more than
200 years old and still bursts into flower each spring.
Mrs Holsey has spruced up the interior of the former D'Inacio's Brasserie, hanging its walls with works by Norfolk artists, featuring views of the coast and further afield.
'I've always wanted my own tea shop,' she said. 'We looked at several but this just had the right feel, it's lovely when you walk in.'
Chips are most definitely off the menu. Mrs Holsey said she hadn't even filled the deep fat fryer since taking on the premises two weeks ago.
Instead there are sandwiches and homemade fruit or cheese scones, served up with homemade chutney or jams, soups, jacket spuds and nachos. Cream teas are also on offer from
- 1 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 2 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 3 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 4 'Our homes will be destroyed' - Neighbours' fears over proposed pylon route
- 5 Man claims supermarket fuel was contaminated as he reveals £200 repair bill
- 6 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
- 7 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 8 Scammers targeting Norfolk homes with fake parcel deliveries
- 9 Sweet Briar Road to reopen TODAY
- 10 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
2pm. Mrs Holsey also plans to start offering three course Sunday roasts with all the trimmings from December 6.
Wisteria Tea Room is open from Tuesday to Saturday, 9am - 4pm and (from December 6) Sundays from 11.45am - 3pm. To book call 01328 851247.