Salons raise money for dog charity
- Credit: copyright: Archant 2014
Two salons are rasing money for a charity which helps dogs
The Hairbase in High Street, Gorleston and Lavish Boutique Hair Couture, in Burgh Road, Bradwell are raising money for Safe Rescue for Dogs.
Both salons are holding a charity day on Friday, March 17 to raise money for the Great Yarmouth based charity take in and rehome dogs from the UK and abroad.
Manager at Hairbase Lynell Osborne said the charity was just amazing.
She added: 'They are trying to raise £5,000 to help transport dogs and have already got half of that thanks to a mystery donation. We are hoping to be able to help with the rest.'
You may also want to watch:
On Friday there will pin the tail on the dog, a raffle, cake sale and a doggy dip.
Lynell said she wanted to thank her 12 members of staff for their hard work preparing for the event and to friends and local businesses for their support.
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 5 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Do you recognise this man?
- 8 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 9 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 10 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage