Line side fire causes heavy train delays at Salhouse
- Credit: Archant
Heavy train delays on Greater Anglia lines due to line side fire in Salhouse
A line side fire at Salhouse has heavily disrupted train routes.
Services running through Salhouse are blocked from the station because of a large blaze in a farmer's field.
Greater Anglia posted on Twitter at 5.30pm: 'Service unable to run via Salhouse due to line side fire'.
Lines have been cancelled and trains delayed as Greater Anglia confirm it is 'unsafe' to travel on the tracks.
You may also want to watch:
A replacement bus service has been implemented from Hoveton and Wroxham to Cromer and Sheringham.
Buses from Norwich to Hoveton and Wroxham have also been running.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 6 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 7 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 8 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 9 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 10 New vintage store opens bigger premises
Train tickets are being accepted on local Sanders Coaches services to combat the lengthy delays.
Fire fighters were called to the crop fire at 4.25pm and are still at the scene.