Sale of Russian military truck fails to excite wannabe Putins
- Credit: Archant
It was pitched as being perfect for someone who fancied posing like Putin, a rare rugged Russian army truck that was up for sale in Norfolk.
East Anglian Motor Auctions in Wymondham put the Soviet-era vehicle under the hammer at its recent Plant and Machinery Auction.
Known as ZIL 131, the 1978 general multi-purpose vehicle with six wheels and weighing three-and-a-half tons, had been expected to fetch up to £10,000.
In the end it failed to generate enough excitement from bidders to meet the estimate, but it did eventually sell after the sale for £6,500.
Tristram Belemore-Smith, auctioneer, said: 'It sold for £6,500 but it was after the sale. There was quite a lot of interest but obviously it is a specialist vehicle that would appeal mainly to collectors.
You may also want to watch:
'We had never really had anything like it before. It was a bit of an oddball thing. We don't know what the buyer plans to do with it. Perhaps they will use it as a promotional thing.'
- 1 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 2 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 3 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 4 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 7 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 8 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 9 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer