Saham Toney WI give Christmas gift to care home residents in Watton
- Credit: Archant
A Women's Institute club has given an early Christmas gift to dementia sufferers at a local care home.
Saham Toney WI has knitted more than 50 sensory bands – designed to be worn like a muff, the knitted garments are covered with buttons, zips, badges, and clips to provide an interactive experience for their wearer.
Using materials purchased by the group, the array of colourful bands took its 15 members around two months to knit.
On Monday members of the WI group travelled to Dorrington House in Watton to donate their 52 sensory bands – one for each resident at the nursing home.
Group chair Terry Bowman said: 'We wanted to come along and present them at Dorrington House so everyone has one as a Christmas gift.'
You may also want to watch:
The group meets on the second Wednesday of each month at 7.30pm at the Wells Cole Community Centre in Saham Toney.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 6 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 7 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 8 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 9 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 10 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover