Saddle up for motorcycling tours of East Anglia and further afield
- Credit: supplied
Motorcycling day trips and tours in East Anglia feature in a new book of 44 routes along Britain's best biking roads – AA Bikers' Britain – The Tours.
Following the success of Bikers' Britain, which contained more than 70 short routes and tours, author and deputy editor of RiDE magazine Simon Weir has come up with 44 routes, most created specifically for this book.
They are made up of 31 circular day-trip routes and 13 full tours from two to eight days taking riders to the best destinations along the best biking roads.
Three of the day routes are based in East Anglia – the Cromer Loop is a 145-mile tour via Blakeney, Docking, Wroxham and Sea Palling and the Southwold Loop a 110-mile route taking in Aldeburgh, Orford, Framlingham and Halesworth. Further south is the Brentwood Loop, a 150-mile tour via Finchingfield, West Mersea and Burnham-on-Crouch. East Anglia is also included in the three-day Central and Southeast Tour which finishes with a route from Cromer to Brentwood.
Each route is accompanied by an AA map, turn-by-turn directions and places to stop along the route – all in an ideal format which fits snugly into a motorcycle tank bag.
You may also want to watch:
For those new to touring, the book also has some very handy advice on preparing for a tour as well as how to pack and how to stay safe.
Bikers' Britain – The Tours is available from all leading bookstores, priced £12.99.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 3 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 4 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 5 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 6 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 7 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 8 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 9 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 10 Petrol station queues causing rush-hour delays