Runners to be showered in clouds of powdered paint for EACH in Norwich, King’s Lynn and Lowestoft
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Runners will be showered with clouds of coloured powder paint at a charity fundraiser for East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH).
Tickets are now on sale for EACH's 5k Norwich Colour Dash, on Sunday, May 14, at Eaton Park, Norwich.
Last year the event raised over £20,000 with over 1,000 participants.
Tal Williams, EACH Norfolk Community Fundraiser, said: 'We're very excited to be launching tickets for this event. As anyone who's taken part before knows, it's an impressive sight and great fun for all the family.
'There's no competitive aspect, so you can run, jog or walk the five kilometres – just be prepared to get covered in coloured powder paint. It creates truly impressive multi-coloured results!
You may also want to watch:
'Tickets are expected to sell quickly so please secure yours as soon as possible to avoid disappointment and take advantage of our special early bird offer.'
Norwich is one of nine places in the region EACH is holding Colour Dashes this year.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 3 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 4 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 5 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 6 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 10 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
Last summer more than 5,300 runners took part across seven locations, raising £150,000.
EACH cares for children and young people with life-threatening conditions across East Anglia and supports their families. For both families accessing care and those who have been bereaved, EACH is a lifeline at an unimaginably difficult time.
It costs the charity almost £6m a year to deliver its services and all funds raised at this event, with running to begin at 11am, will help.
Early bird tickets are available at £17.50 for adults, and £7.50 for children under 16, with packages including medals, T-shirts and pots of paint also.
The early bird ticket price closes on March 27.
The price will then be £20 for adults, and £10 for children.
Under fives can take part for free, and family and team tickets are on offer too.
Other Colour Dashes this year will be held in King's Lynn, at The Walks on April 23. And again on September 17.
And in Lowestoft, Normanston Park will host its own Colour Dash on July 9.
To book your place in EACH's Norwich Colour Dash, visit www.each.org.uk or contact the Norfolk Fundraising Team on 01953 666767.