Runners celebrate Thetford parkrun’s 250th event
- Credit: Geoffrey Herschell
More than 200 runners took part in Thetfords parkrun's milestone event this weekend.
The parkrun celebrated its 250th event on the same day as International Parkrun's 13th anniversary on Saturday, October 7.
Bushy parkrun was the first to be held 13 years ago with just 13 runners, now there are more than 2.5m people taking part globally.
Thetford parkrun regularly attracts 200 runners every week and organisers hope to add to those numbers by starting a junior parkrun event next year.
Melanie Sturman, parkrun event director, said: 'We are delighted to have reached 250 events and to celebrate on International Parkrun made it a special milestone.
You may also want to watch:
'We are impressed with so many families now taking part and we are seeing an increase in Duke of Edinburgh candidates using parkrun for their physical and volunteer evidence.'
The parkrun takes place every Saturday at 9am from Thetford Priory.
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 4 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 5 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 6 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 7 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village
- 8 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 9 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 10 New owner of business park could have lost trade without purchase