Runners celebrate Catton parkrun’s 200th event
- Credit: Nick Butcher
More than 340 runners took part in the 200th Catton parkrun this weekend.
On Saturday's anniversary run at Catton Park, Luke Alden came first out of 342 runners with a time of 17 minutes 53 seconds, while Suzy Hill was the fastest female with a time of 20 minutes 28 seconds.
About Saturday's special anniversary event, Dan Goodwin, co-event director, said: 'It had a bit of a party atmosphere. We asked people to turn up in tutus to celebrate and it was a really lively event.'
The event was first started at Catton Park on October 5 2013 and ever since has been going from strength to strength.
'We started off with 60 or 70 runners each week and we thought it would be marvellous to get to 150, and now, nearly four years on, we have about 350 runners every week,' said Mr Goodwin.
You may also want to watch:
'I'd like to say a big thanks to the Friends of Catton Park who allow us to use the park and provide refreshments and are really supportive.
- 1 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 4 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 5 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 6 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 7 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 8 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 9 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 10 Jailed this week: Abuse, assaults and burglaries