Entries for Run Norwich 2018 now open
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Entries for Run Norwich 2018 are now open.
Registration opened at 9am on Thursday morning for the 10K race, which will take place on Sunday, August 5.
It will be the fourth staging of the event, which is organised by the Norwich City FC Community Sports Foundation, and around 5,000 runners are expected to take part this year.
The race is for runners of all abilities and whatever your level of experience, the event welcomes entries from anyone.
The route passes some of the city's most iconic landmarks including Norwich Castle, The Forum and Norwich Cathedral.
Last year saw Cardiff AAC's Michael Kallenberg take victory in 31:12 ahead of Ash Harrell (City of Norwich AC) second in 32:16. Winchester & District AC's Emma Risbey took victory in the women's race in 37:21 with Colchester athlete Sarah Stradling second in 37:57.
Entry for affiliated runners costs £23 whilst general entry is £25. Entry is free for any runner wishing to run for the Community Sports Foundation although at least £100 must be raised for the charity.
You can sign up for the event here.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 3 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 4 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 5 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 6 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 7 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 8 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 9 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 10 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
Don't miss the new eight-page running supplement - Run Anglia - in Friday's EDP.