Run Norwich 2017: 10 runners’ questioned answered
- Credit: Archant
Participants in this Sunday's Run Norwich are putting in their final training runs for the big day.
Here are 10 of the most common questions about practical matters runners have ahead of the race.
1. Where does the race start and finish?
Run Norwich will start in Gentleman's Walk, in front of Norwich Market, at 9.30am, and the finish line is in St Peter's Street, in front of the City Hall. A 'race village' will be set up in Chapelfield Gardens where runners can re-unite with friends and family, enjoy food and drink and have a post-race massage.
2. Where can I leave my bag during the run?
You may also want to watch:
Secure baggage stores will be located at Chapelfield Gardens and will be open from 8am to midday on race day.
3. Can I wear headphones?
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 6 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 7 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 8 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 9 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 10 Gay and trans people targeted in hate incident at school
Normal earphones or other headphones are banned from the race on safety grounds. However, bone-conduction headphones, which sit on the cheekbones and allow users to still be alert to their surroundings, are allowed this year for the first time in line with new UK Athletics regulations.
READ MORE: Run Norwich 2017: Former Norwich City footballer Grant Holt will start this year's race4. Are there toilets on the course?
There will be portable toilets at the start and finish areas, and those needing a pit-stop during the race will find facilities at Norwich City Football Club's Carrow Road ground, around the 4km mark.
5. Are there water stations?
There are two - the first is at Carrow Road and the second is opposite the Great Hospital on Bishopgate - 7.5km into the route.
6. Will my time be recorded?
Yes. Each race number comes with an electronic chip.
7. What can I eat and drink after the race?
As last year, each runner 18 and over will get a free Adnams beer. There will be food vendors at the race village offering everything from ice cream to fish finger sandwiches.
READ MORE: Run Norwich 2017: What to eat and drink before the race? Nutritionist Andrea Langan shares her top tips 8. Can I run in fancy dress?
Fancy dress is welcome, however, runners are asked to make sure their costumes are not offensive.
9. Can I run with a buggy or pushchair?
Wheeled devices such as buggies, pushchairs and prams are not allowed.
10. What happens after the race?
Each runner is given a participation medal and a goodie bag. They can then head to the race village for a post-race cool down.