Run Breckland’s 10km run raises hundreds for charity
- Credit: Archant
Participants of Run Breckland's Breckland Forest 10k Run have helped to raise hundreds of pounds for local charities.
On a cold and crisp morning 150 runners took part in the event which is a circular course starting and finishing at Santon Downham's village hall.
The winners were Jonny Hodge, with a time of 40 minutes and Helen Aldous with a time of 44 minutes.
James Lambert, 43 minutes, and Nicola Lambert-John, 48 minutes, both of Coltishall Jaguar Running Club, were the runners-up.
The run, held on November 26, raised £600 for Breckland's Talking Newspaper.
You may also want to watch:
Donations were also made to Raynet, the amateur radio enthusiasts who helped man the checkpoint, and First Aid Support Thetford.
A special mention goes to Santa Claus, riding on Rudolph's back, who completed the course in a creditable 1 hour 21 minutes. Sandie Jardine donned the weighty costume.
- 1 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 2 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 3 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 4 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 5 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 6 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 7 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 8 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 9 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 10 City poised for Maddison cash boost
This Sunday sees the return of the Santa Run.
Around 170 people will be take part in the 5km run in a Santa Claus outfit or other festive costume.
The event has sold out but people are asked to cheer on the runners.
Runners will be leaving the Market Place at 10am and will be running down King Street.