Rumburgh Morris dancing group makes kind donation to artistic charity cause
- Credit: Rumburgh Morris
A group of morris dancers have put their hobby to good use, by raising money for a charitable cause.
Members of Rumburgh Morris have made a donation of £120 to Artbox - a not-for-profit organisation which supports adults with special needs in the Waveney area.
The donation came from money collected by the group during their summer season of morris dancing.
Ran by Helen Murray, Artbox puts on art sessions for people with special educational needs at a studio at The House on the Hill in Chediston, with the aim of encouraging art as an activity to benefit mental health.
Meanwhile, the Rumburgh-based dancing group are eagerly looking for new members - both dancers and musicians
You may also want to watch:
The group uses The Buck pub as its headquarters, however practice sessions are held in the village hall at St Maraget, South Elmham on Tuesday nights from 7.45pm. For more, email: email@example.com
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 10 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car