Royal West Norfolk Golf Club raises £141,000 for EACH nook appeal
- Credit: EACH
Members of a golf club in Norfolk have raised more than £100,000 for the East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) nook appeal.
Members of The Royal West Norfolk Golf Club (RWNGC) raised a total of £141,000 to help transform children's palliative care across Norfolk. The committee of the club, chaired by Stuart Rangeley-Wilson, chose to support the appeal through their charity golf event.
The event, which the club organises every three years, began with a dinner at The Hoste Arms in Burnham Market - including a live and online auction. The following day a full 18 holes of golf was enjoyed by participants at the RWNGC in Brancaster.
The RWNGC Chair Stuart Rangeley-Wilson, said: 'Royal West Norfolk Golf Club were delighted to be able to make a significant contribution to the nook appeal - a very worthy local cause.'
The nook appeal is EACH's £10 million campaign to transform children's palliative care across Norfolk, including building a new hospice called the nook. The nook will be built on a five-acre woodland site south of Norwich and will offer services which are either currently unavailable or extremely limited at their Quidenham hospice.
You may also want to watch:
Graham Butland, EACH chief executive, said: 'On behalf of everyone at EACH I would like to say a big thank you to The Royal West Norfolk Golf Club for working tirelessly to raise this unprecedented amount.
'This is in fact a record amount raised for EACH through a golf day and we are truly grateful for all of the club's members hard-work and commitment.'
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 7 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 8 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 9 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 10 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop