What’s the weather forecast for the Royal wedding?
- Credit: PA
The sun will shine on Prince Harry and Meghan Markle as forecasters predict temperatures of up to 23C (73.4F) on their wedding day.
The royal couple and the thousands of well-wishers who will gather in Windsor on Saturday can look forward to mostly clear skies, according to the Met Office.
Those planning to line the streets in order to get a glimpse of the pair should pack the sun cream as they are likely to be in the sun's glare for most of the day.
Forecaster Bonnie Diamond said some 'puffs of light, fluffy cloud' may form in the late morning and early afternoon as temperatures soar but not enough to completely block out the sun.
She said: 'We are expecting it to be fine and dry. There could be a little bit of mist early on but that will burn off relatively quickly.
You may also want to watch:
'The main uncertainty is cloud cover, with fair weather cloud developing through the afternoon - it's temperature driven.
'At the moment the average temperature looks like 19C to 20C (68F) but up to 23C is possible.
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 4 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 5 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 6 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 7 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 8 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 9 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 10 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
'The amount of sunshine and cloud cover will determine whether we get those upper temperatures.'
Most of the UK is expected to share in the fine and dry weather but there is a chance of some rain as it become cloudier and breezier in far north-western parts.
Bookmakers Ladbrokes make it an odds-on chance that highs of at least 25C (77F) will be reached on Saturday, while they offer odds of 9/4 the wedding day will be the hottest day of 2018 so far.
To do so, the mercury would need to rise higher than the 29.1C (84.3F) it reached on April 19.