Royal Wedding plans for Waveney
People in Waveney who want to stage a party to celebrate the Royal Wedding next month have until April 1 to apply.
There have already been a number of applications made for Royal Wedding street parties in Waveney..But Waveney District Council is reminding people all applications must be received by the culture, tourism and sport team by Friday April 1 2011.
The council has made it be easier and simpler to organise parties by helping to cut red tape.
To enable communities across the district to take part, the council will cover the official road closure notice fees for Royal Wedding street parties.
Additionally, organisers only need to fill in one simple form to apply for permission for their celebration.
The local authority is also providing top tips for holding your Royal Wedding celebration, ideas for themes, and a guide to where to buy or how to make bunting.
Communities are being encouraged to use open green spaces like parks and grassed areas to hold their Royal Wedding celebrations.
- 1 Suffolk woman and her three dogs die in London crash
- 2 Seven beach walks with a cafe pit stop to try in Norfolk
- 3 Police stop 85 vehicles in one day amid safety crackdown
- 4 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 5 'Awe and disbelief' as thousands of bees swarm pub garden
- 6 Neighbours' tribute to crash victim who 'thought the world of her dogs'
- 7 Seaside bar taken over for three weeks by Hollywood crew shooting film
- 8 Century-old farm machinery firm invests £6m in its factory's future
- 9 Dog and group cut off by tide saved after being spotted waist-high in water
- 10 'Opulent' farmhouse with pond on sale for £799k
The council's operational partner Waveney Norse has agreed to supply bin bags and additional litter bins, where needed, free of charge for Royal Wedding celebrations.
For more information visit the Waveney District Council website at www.waveney.gov.uk and search for Royal Wedding.
Alternatively, please contact Waveney's Service Manager for Tourism and Events Darren Newman or Assistant Tourism & Events Officer Abi Charter on 01502 523385.