Royal Mail hires dozens more drivers to deliver covid tests
- Credit: Archant
Royal Mail has hired dozens of new drivers to widen test delivery capacity in Norfolk.
It will mean Norfolk people will now be able to receive more coronavirus testing kits on Sundays.
The drivers are being hired in Norwich, Lowestoft, Wymondham, Fakenham, North Walsham, and Dereham on a temporary basis, and will be delivering test kits between 10am and 7pm on Sundays for between eight and 12 weeks.
A Royal Mail spokesperson said: “Royal Mail is proud to be playing a key role in the delivery and return of COVID-19 test kits which is an integral part of the Government’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
"We also collect test kits through our 35,000 dedicated priority post boxes before taking them to testing laboratories.
You may also want to watch:
"As part of our response, we are looking to recruit more drivers in certain areas to help with the collection and delivery of test kits on weekends.”
- 1 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 2 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 3 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 4 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 5 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 6 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 9 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 10 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected