Royal couple will attend charity concert at Thornham in aid of Salthouse Church
Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall will be the special guests at a charity concert in Norfolk later this month.
The Prince is the patron of Music in Country Churches, a charitable trust which arranges musical events in rural places of worship up and down the country.
Proceeds from the concerts are donated towards the churches' upkeep, so helping to maintain buildings of exceptional beauty and interest.
Since the charity was first set up with active support from the Prince, in 1989, it has made donations totalling �427,000.
All Saints' Church at Thornham, near Hunstanton, will be the venue for three concerts on Tuesday, July 26 and Wednesday, July 27.
You may also want to watch:
Proceeds from the event will go to help the church at Salthouse, in North Norfolk.
Sarah Dawson, church warden at Salthouse, said the money would be put towards installing heating at the church.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 3 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 4 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 5 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 6 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 7 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 8 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 9 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 10 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
The audience for Tuesday evening's performance (7.30pm) will include the Prince and Duchess, who will be touring exhibits at the nearby Sandringham Flower Show the following day.
The English Chamber Orchestra, conducted by Kazuki Yamada, will perform works by Beethoven, Prokofiev and Mozart.
On the Wednesday morning (11am) one of the world's leading violinists, Sergey Krylov, will play works by Bach, Ysaye and Paganini.
In the evening (7.30pm) the internationally renowned Endellion String Quartet, who celebrated their 30th anniversary in 2009, will perform works by Haydn, Beethoven and Mendelssohn.
Tickets range from �8 to �40 for the July 26 performance. They are all priced �8 for the morning performance on July 27, and �5 to �25 for that day's evening concert.
To book, call the box office at Prelude Records, in St Giles Street, Norwich, on 01603 628319.
A limited number of tickets will also be available on the church door prior to performances.