Roundabout plans for Martham homes site
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2012
A plan has been submitted for a new roundabout and access road in Martham.
The proposal has been launched on the back of one submitted to Great Yarmouth Borough Council for 144 new homes on land to the south of Repps Road.
A consultation response on Great Yarmouth Borough Council's planning website said: 'Hopefully this will be the thing that finally stops cars driving past my house at 60mph.'A designers report on the planning documents said Norfolk County Council advised Great Yarmouth Borough Council that a roundabout should be constructed on Repps Road to provide a 'safe and appropriate access' to the proposed site.
The application was submitted by a James Chapman, of Chapman Farms Limited who also submitted the plans for the new homes.
A decision on the roundabout and access road is due by February 16.
You may also want to watch:
The plans for the homes have not yet been formally approved.
- 1 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 2 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 3 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 4 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 5 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 6 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 7 City poised for Maddison cash boost
- 8 Riverside pub welcomes customers again with new owners
- 9 Man in 30s airlifted to hospital following serious fall
- 10 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village