Rotary Club of King’s Lynn recognised for their support to youth services
- Credit: Archant
The Rotary Club of King's Lynn has been recognised for their support and contribution to scouting.
It comes after the club made a donation of £3,100 to the King's Lynn Sea Scouts to go towards a new rowing boat.
Whilst the TS Vancouver, near the Hanse House, already have a boat, the number of cadets able to use it at any one time was limited.
The new boat will accommodate eight cadets, which will double the present number of youngsters who can get on the water.
King's Lynn historian and Rotarian Dr Paul Richards has maintained a close connection with TS Vancouver and he had asked the Rotary Club of King's Lynn whether they could help.
You may also want to watch:
The club was presented with a Youth Service Award Certificate by the International Fellowship of Scouting Rotarians (IFSR) which recognises exceptional and exemplary service in support of IFSR activities or the scout movement.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 4 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 10 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen