King’s Lynn Rotarians scatter across the globe to Rome
- Credit: Ron Jackson
Members of the Rotary Club of King's Lynn took part in a 'scattering' event which led them more than a 1,000 miles away to Rome.
The event aims to spread the seeds of friendship by visiting neighbouring Rotary Clubs, but the King's Lynn branch decided to venture across the globe within a 24-hour time period.
But upon arriving to Rome, the King's Lynn Rotarians were unable to find their Italian counterparts.
A spokesman said: 'There was not a Rotarian in sight and the visitors could only imagine that perhaps the Italian club had scattered en masse to other clubs.
'Rotarians are very adept at handling awkward moments, so our team quickly found themselves a restaurant where they enjoyed the delights of Italian food and wine.
You may also want to watch:
'They later took an on-off sight seeing bus tour of the city and caught the plane to Luton to arrive back just in the inside the 24 hour, self-imposed time limit.'
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 4 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 5 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 6 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 7 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 8 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 9 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 10 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel