Rotarians invite teams to sign up for charity Karting Grand Prix
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Bungay Rotary Club will be hosting its annual fun day of kart racing at Ellough Park Raceway in June.
The Rotary Karting Grand Prix will include two team races, starting at noon on Sunday, June 4, and money raised will be donated to Rotary Foundation charities. These include the End Polio Now initiative, which has been very successful in eradicating polio in conjunction with the Bill Gates Foundation; and the Catherine Bullen Foundation, which provides schools and healthcare facilities in rural Namibia.
The outdoor track at Ellough is a purpose built, 1065 metre long circuit and hosts British and European championship events. The karts are twin-engined Honda petrol powered, and capable of speeds up to 65mph.
The races will be team events, with five drivers needed over the age of 16 for each team. Driver changes take place during each of the two one-and-a-half-hour races and the circuit can accommodate between 15 to 20 teams in each race.
The entry fee is £125 per team, and all safety clothing and helmets are provided.
You may also want to watch:
The club would welcome entries from businesses, voluntary organisations, families or other groups in the area. Trophies will be awarded to the first three teams in each race.
For more information and details on how to enter a team, contact Howard Birch by email at birchARCH@aol.com.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 2 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 3 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 4 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 5 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 6 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 7 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 8 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 9 Could you offer one of these rescue animals a forever home?
- 10 Norwich bridal shop named among best in UK
Refreshments, including a barbecue, will be available and spectators will be welcome to cheer on their teams.