Rose to celebrate 104th birthday on same day her daughter ties the knot
There will be two reasons for Rose Martin to celebrate on Monday - turning the grand old age of 104 and blessing the marriage of her 71-year-old daughter.
Diana Turton will tie the knot with Dennis Coleman, 67, at Ely Register Office before heading to a blessing at the nursing home where Rose lives.
'It's very important to me that mum's there,' said Ms Turton, who has travelled from her home on the Maltese island of Gozo.
'She's quite an inspirational woman. She still quotes Tennyson - her favourite poet - so her memory is very good.
'I'm sure I will be tired by the end of the day because that's a lot of celebrating!'
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Martin spent 34 years working as a copy-holder for EDP sister newspaper The Cambs Times and was editor of the March High School Old Girls' Magazine for 15 years.
She was also a long-serving secretary for the March Women's Section of the British Legion.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 2 Driver dies in crash on A47
- 3 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 4 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 5 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 6 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 7 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 8 End of an era as hardware store closes after 60 years
- 9 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 10 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
The blessing will take place at Ness Court sheltered housing in Burwell where Mrs Martin, who lived most of her life in March, now lives.
Ms Turton said: 'Mum's still got a lot of friends in March. She came out to Malta just before her 100th birthday.
'It's certainly going to be different. We were going to get married next year and then we thought it would be so nice to involve mum.
'I was quite happy to have a quiet wedding in Malta but when my husband suggested it I agreed it would be amazing. I'm looking forward to it. It should be a very special day.'