Romantic dinner with Yarmouth sharks
GREAT Yarmouth Sea Life Centre will be hosting novel candlelit dinners for a maximum of six couples in front of its ocean tank this Valentine's Day.
Guests will enjoy a leisurely tour of the centre with a marine biologist guide, before settling down to a two course banquet with an audience of tropical sharks and shoaling fish.
But anyone expecting champagne and oysters followed by lobster thermidor or a succulent chateaubriand will be disappointed.
'We'll include a glass of wine each, and pipe romantic music through the tunnel,' said general manager Terri Harris.
'But the menu will be the same as we offer in our restaurant, plus a slice of cheesecake or gateau to finish.'
You may also want to watch:
That means the main course options will include fish and chips, cheese and bacon burger and chips, piri-piri chicken salad or ribs and chips.
Terri makes no apology for a price-tag of �30 per person.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 4 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 5 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 10 City draw up target list
'What we're really selling is a unique Valentine's experience,' she said.
'How often do you get the chance to dine on the seabed, which is effectively what this will be, surrounded by thousands of litres of seawater full of amazing and beautiful sea creatures?
'We think the simple food will actually appeal to quite of lot of people.'
With so few covers, the centre has decided reservations will go to the first six couple to ring up and book.
'If it proves as popular as we think it will, we may introduce more regular dining under the sea evenings,' said Terri.
To make a booking, call 01493 330631