Popular roller coaster to reopen at Pleasurewood Hills
- Credit: Archant
A much-loved roller coaster is set to reopen at a popular theme park this season.
Pleasurewood Hills have confirmed that the popular Cannonball Express roller coaster - which had to take an extended break last season as it was closed for maintenance - will reopen to the public in the spring.
A post on the theme park's Facebook page said: "It's back" alongside a video of the ride undergoing testing.
Last month the theme park revealed that one of its thrill rides - the Timber Falls log flume - will be "getting a new look" for when the park reopens in the spring.
The Cannonball Express, which is a unique roller coaster and an all-time favourite at the theme park, closed for the whole of last season as the attraction underwent maintenance.
At the time Pleasurewood Hills said: "For those that may be unaware, the great thing about the Cannonball Express is that it is unique, being the only one of its kind in the entire world.
"It was the only Schwarzkopf Jumbo V roller coaster ever made, and it takes pride of place here on the East Coast.
You may also want to watch:
"As it is one of a kind, when it comes to servicing and parts, it is truly a specialist task."
As one of the East of England's much loved rides, the Cannonball Express opened for the first time at Pleasurewood Hills in 1995.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 3 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 4 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 8 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 9 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 10 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
After the thrill ride closed to the public for the entire season last year, the reopening of the Cannonball Express in 2020 will see Pleasurewood Hills return to four roller coasters, for the first time since 2016.
The theme park will host a special season opening party on Saturday, April 4 as the energetic sounds of Suffolk School of Samba "get the party started" with carnival drums and dancing across the park alongside all the favourite rides, shows and attractions as the 2020 season is launched.