Roll up! Swaffham Lions arrange circus day out for over forty families
- Credit: Archant
A charity group from Swaffham has taken more than forty families to the circus in Great Yarmouth.
The Swaffham Lions took the children and parents from Swaffham and its surrounding villages to the show on Sunday, September 3.
A spokesperson for the group stated: 'For many, it was their first time at a circus and the excitement on their faces was a sight to behold.'
The annual event is organised and paid for by the Lions clubs of East Anglia, and the Swaffham group joined hundreds of others from across the region to enjoy the day out.
The event brought together over four hundred children from the area.
You may also want to watch:
The day began with entertainment for the youngsters at the Yarmouth Racecourse.
They then enjoyed a packed lunch before heading to the circus for a very enjoyable afternoon of fun, including the ice cream at half time.
The Lions are celebrating their centennial in 2017.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 5 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 6 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 7 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
- 8 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 9 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region
- 10 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county