Roddons residents thought she wouldn’t make 100 - but she’s just turned 103!
A WOMAN who held a 99th birthday party because she feared she wouldn't make it to 100 has turned 103.
Annie Ellinor celebrated her 103rd birthday on Sunday and marked the milestone by inviting family, friends and neighbours to a party.
The celebrations were held at Onyx Court, a sheltered housing scheme owned and run by Roddons Housing Association where Annie has lived for the past 18 years. Guests listened to 70s music and enjoyed trifle and birthday cake.
Geraldine Grimsey, who manages Onyx Court for Roddons, helped Annie and her daughter organise the birthday party.
The housing association recently revealed to Annie that she is their eldest resident and the news came as a surprise.
You may also want to watch:
Annie said: 'I did not realise I was Roddons' eldest resident and was really surprised when so many of my family and neighbours came to join in the celebrations.
'I would like to thank my scheme manager Gerry Grimsey for organising the party and hope to stay in fair health so I can continue to celebrate birthdays for a few more years yet.'
- 1 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 2 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 5 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 6 Do you recognise this man?
- 7 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 8 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 9 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 10 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
Annie is remarkably active for her age and takes part in many of the activities Roddons puts on for residents at Onyx Court.
Her favourite hobbies include weekly bingo sessions and coffee mornings where she chats with other resident and shares stories and news.
Geraldine said: 'Annie is a well liked resident who looks absolutely fantastic for her age and still enjoys taking an active part in the Onyx Court Social Club.'