Rocklands pub owners set to reopen the White Hart in a bid to make it the hub of village life
- Credit: Archant
Following three years of doubt over its future, the White Hart in Rockland All Saints will be reopened by its owners at the end of the month.
Sally-Ann and Binzy Leeder, who bought the building near Attleborough in 2006, are to reopen the pub on Friday, March 28.
When the pub stopped making money, the couple, who have three foster children, were forced to close in October 2010.
And when no buyer came forward, the community of Rockland All Saints joined together to buy the pub, garden and former bowls green by setting up the Rocklands Community Hub Ltd.
Although it initially appeared as though Mr and Mrs Leeder would accept the group's offer, after a change of heart they decided to keep the pub as their own.
You may also want to watch:
Chef Mrs Leeder, who has been in the industry for 20 years, said: 'My husband came in and said he had a feeling that after so many years in the trade, we couldn't sell it.'
Now the couple hope to make the pub the centre of the village.
- 1 Norwich pub's shock after city council refuse outdoor seating bid
- 2 Woman left with 'serious back injuries' after pub fight
- 3 Couple sell 'amazing' converted water mill after two-year renovation
- 4 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 5 Delivery driver fined for 'flagrant' seafront stunt caught on CCTV
- 6 Hairdressers working 12-hour days to recoup Covid losses
- 7 Woman died after crash on way to visit mother's grave
- 8 Day of two halves - Footballer wins £80,000 and breaks leg in 24 hours
- 9 Emergency services dealing with incident at inflatable on beach
- 10 Police investigate 'possible assault' after Dereham town centre fight
Mrs Leeder said that the couple had taken on board what the village wanted. She said: 'We have listened. We now have a games room, a pool table, Sky TV, food and a kids room with films.
'We understand that they want it to be the hub of the village and we are hoping that this will be a new start for us all. I want everyone to be involved – a new clean slate.'
A spokesperson from the Rocklands Community Hub said: 'We are delighted to learn that the Rocklands White Hart will soon be re-opening. The villagers of Rocklands wish Binzy and Sally-Ann well as they work to re-establish the White Hart at the centre of our community.'
For more information contact the pub on 01953 483361.
Do you have a story about you local pub? Email Lauren Cope at firstname.lastname@example.org